BFA represents the interests of all her members (premixtures and compound feed manufacturers) in all the decision and consultative bodies, such as the European, national and regional governments, the agriculture organisations, the centres for research, other federations and the organisations in which BFA is represented. Our mission is expressed in the following points:
Proactive policy concerning feed safety:
- Hazard analysis of feed materials (feed for food), additives, premixtures, compound feed, ...
- Risk-based controls through our Sectoral Monitoring Plan (feed materials, additives, premixtures, compound feed, coccidiostats, medicated feed, zinc, export, petfood, ...). Participation of all our members.
- Crisis management and a good traceability system
- Development of a crisis protocol so that our members can manage a crisis as optimally as possible
High quality standard:
- Feed Chain Alliance (FCA) as a standard of quality for animal feed (through Ovocom vzw)
- Exchangeability with foreign systems (GMP+, FEMAS, QS, KAT) (horizontal: FamiQS, EFISC, GTP)
Eye for the environment:
Technology and innovation:
- Fine dosage system on trucks
- Electronic prescriptions
- Wide variety of trainings offered concerning environment and quality
- Follow-up European and Belgian legislation concerning animal feed
- Support in legal files and export activities
- Organisation of internal working groups composed out of experts of the sector
- Focussed communication to the members and external target groups through our website, weekly newsletters (BFActs and BFActs Analysis), (statistical) annual reports, projects, ...
- Policy product liability and poultry salmonella fund
- Deal with manure issues